The Swiss Mennonite Historical and Cultural Association
is again offering $500.00 scholarships to individuals who are preparing
for full-time Christian Service, the Ministry or for long-term Voluntary
Service. If you know of persons who may qualify for a scholarship, please
encourage them to apply. Note that students attending Associated Mennonite
Biblical Seminary will receive preference.
Criteria for Awarding:
- To be considered the applicant must have membership in one of the
Swiss-Volhynian churches or be of Swiss-Volhynian descent.
- To be considered the applicant must submit a letter of application
to the Swiss Mennonite Scholarship Committee, Box 526, North Newton
- To be considered the applicant must submit a letter of recommendation
from his/her pastor or congregation.
- Applicant must be accepted or enrolled in an accredited Mennonite
institution of higher education or in a Mennonite related long-term
voluntary service position.
- Preference will be given on the following criteria:
- Those who are full time students attending Anabaptist Mennonite
- Those who intend to devote themselves to full-time Christian Service.
- Those who are already in the course of preparation of Christian
Service at one of the Mennonite Church USA or Mennonite Church Canada
colleges or seminaries.
- "Longer term" voluntary service participants.
Application Deadline July 1, 2017
The Swiss Mennonite Scholarship Committee:
Chairperson: Roger Juhnke 316-283-0452, 328 Lakeshore Drive, Newton, KS
Send request for more information if needed to SMCHA Scholarship, P.O. Box
93, Moundridge KS 67107.